Sure, Guitar World and GuitarWorld.com have posted countless stories about the chords, licks, riffs and general info you need to know to be a solid player—but a brand-new Guitar World DVD collects years of experience into one tidy (and inexpensive) little package.
You instructor on the disc—which is available for $14.99—is GW's Jimmy Brown, who has built a reputation as one of the world's finest music editors through his work as transcriber, arranger and senior music editor for GW. Brown teaches you an exhaustive guide to the most important and useful fretboard shapes for rhythm guitar playing.
• "Cowboy” chords and the movable “CAGED” shapes
• Major and minor barre chords
• “Shimmer” chords with open strings
• Drop-D and “stacked” power chords
• Sus2, sus4 and add9 voicings
• Hendrix-style thumb fretting and chord embellishments
• Chuck Berry-style rock and roll grips
• Inversions and “slash chords”
• 6ths, 7ths, 9ths...
...and much more!